Tuesday, December 6, 2011

One A Day----Week 10

Hello everybody!
I have to say I am still not finished with my blanket! I have around two more weeks to go. But it is still my goal to finish it before Christmas! I don´t have to work next week, so I will have plenty of time for it. I am thinking about the border now, it should be red, but I´m not sure which pattern I should choose. So your ideas are most welcome!


Today we have St. Nicholas Day here, all my family will come together in the evening waiting for Saint Nicholas, who will knock on our door and give the children lots of sweets and little presents. All the children are very excited and unusual very quiet not to miss the knocking on the door. So we all will have a happy family evening with a lot of  good food and very happy children!
Have a wonderful day too! Barbina


Edit: Thank you so much for all your nice words and your great advice! You have made me so happy! We had a wonderful evening. I guess I don´t have to eat for one week or so. We had 5 littlies under 6 in our house all very excited and happy. My little one lost his third tooth later on, so we had a visit from the tooth fairy too! :)

16 comments:

  1. Red red red yes! Going to look very nice. Picot edge?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe sc then 4 dc in 1 sc slip stich in next and repeat. This makes a nice ruffle. I used it on some pot holders I have been working on. See my blog at www.lazydaisycrochet[dot]blogspot[dot]com for pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nearly there with the ripple.

    Hope you all have a lovely St Nics evening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree red, and I like the idea of a fancy edge! Sounds like you are having a fun night... Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy St. Nicholas Day to you and yours. So interesting to learn of the different traditions around the world. Your blanket looks great! Any kinda red edging will be wonderful. Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi!
    It's beautiful! Love those pretty colors. Maybe a shell or picot edging. Have a great day!

    Sherrie
    Food for Thought
    http://100sweets.blogspot.com/2011/12/one-day-project-tuesdays-tallies.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's looking lovely. As for the border, red sounds really nice, if it's for a girl I would go for a picot edge or for a boy a crab stitch edge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice! And so close to the finish..Yay! Enjoy your family gathering. Hugs xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you have a wonderful St. Nicholas Day. It's lovely to hear traditions from other countries, what fun for the children.
    Your blanket is looking fantastic, and a red edge sounds great.
    I love the snow going across your header, very festive.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think red too. For the border i'd say a picot or a scallop. Love the blanket. Have a lovely St Nicholas Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yes - red sounds fantastic! It look AMAZING so far!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done on getting so far with your lovely blanket! A red border sounds lovely, a shell stitch looks nice and is quick too. Lots of love to you and your family xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's gorgeous and I think a red would be lovely - looking forward to seeing it finished soon, and hopefully to plenty of close-ups (pleeeeaase :) - I love this blanket!!!)

    Happy hooking
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your blanket is looking lovely - can't wait to see the ta dah moment, Judy xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Red is my favourite colour ;) can't wait to see the border it's looking lovely so far. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Red looks like it'll go well w/your blanket since you have pops of it in there. Wow you are such a champion with this project! Cute banner too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking your time to write me something! Every comment is making me happy!!!