Monday, January 16, 2012

Weekend fun!

Hello!
I hope you had such a wonderful weekend, too! Finally we  got enough snow to test the new sled Santa Clause had brought for my little one. You can´t imagine how hard it is for a little boy to get a sled for Christmas and there is no snow at all for weeks! My poor boy!
So we had a lot of fun yesterday, building a snowman, making snowball fights and I had a nice time sitting in the sun  watching my little man climbing up the hill and coming down for a million times.





 Later at home I have made vanilla pudding topped with  super yummy chocolate sauce made from Janette´s recipe. We all loved it a lot! :)


Filled in a nice bottle, this makes a great homemade gift too!

Finally, I have finished my granny squares for the Beautiful Blogger Blanket. I will show them to you later this week, when they are done with blocking!


And a very special THANK YOU goes to Judy from Vintagehomespun and Kashi from Kashi´s Corner! They have passed the Liebster Blog Award on to me!

Thank you so much! You have made me so happy!
Please go and visit their wonderful blogs and leave some nice words!


Have a great week! Barbina

5 comments:

  1. I so want snow! It does look like fun :-) in looking forward to seeing your blocks for the bbb 2012 isn't it exciting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like great fun was had by all. We only ever visited snow every other year when we would head up north to see my mom's side of the family for Christmas. I think I might need to make some vanilla pudding tomorrow. Will have to check out the chocolate sauce recipe. :) Have a great week. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to see the snow - how funny that your weekend it so much colder than mine! Looks like you had lots of fun though. Yum your sauce looks good, will you share your vanilla pudding, it looks like the perfect accompaniment for the sauce!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janette!
    For my vanilla pudding, I always use this recipe:
    2 cups milk
    3 tablespoons cornstarch
    3 tablespoons sugar
    1 teaspoon vanilla essence
    First dissolve the cornstarch and the sugar in 1/4 cup of the cold milk.
    Then heat the rest of the milk until it is boiling.
    Turn off the heat and stir in the starch/sugar/milk mix. Stir everything until it is thick enough and add the vanilla.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking your time to write me something! Every comment is making me happy!!!