Thursday, May 24, 2012

Großmütterchen-Swap-Cushion

Hi!!!! Today I want to show you my granny-cushion, which I made for the Großmütterchen-swap recently. It is a german group where you can swap granny squares with 5 other people in your group. (Großmütterchen means grandma=granny in german) I´ve made these 6 granny squares, one for me and 5 for my group-members.
We had to use yarn scraps for our squares. I mixed cotton with baby-acrylic yarn. Normally, I wouldn´t do that, but I really liked the result in the end. I sent them over to our wonderful administrators and got these 5 beautiful grannies back ( the one down in the right corner is the one I´ve kept for me). Aren´t they lovely?
I made 6 more squares and originally I wanted to make a bolster cushion, but it turned out to big in the end. So I ripped off the sides and made it into a cushion. I hope my other group- members like what I have made with their squares. : )
I had a lot of fun doing this swap, I´m sending a huge Dankeschön!! to all my lovely group-members and administrators!!! Hugs, Barbina

12 comments:

  1. Your cushion turned out really well Barbina... the squares you made are perfect...How about a whole blanket in the blue and green....Ahhhh lovely! Hugs, Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your cushion! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very neat that the squares from 5 other people helped you make a nice looking cushion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! I have a question though...if you mix the cotton yarn and the acrylic will the cotton shrink when you wash it? I loved all the squares and especially the pillow you made with the buttons....so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I was worried about the shrinking too! Before I sewed all squares together I washed them and all were fine afterwards.

      Delete
  5. That's a fun swap! So nice to receive surprise squares from other crafty friends and then create something beautiful and useful. Hope your day is great. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Das Kissen ist toll geworden!
    Und mir hat die Aktion auch viel Spaß gemacht. Würde mich nächstes Mal wieder mit reinhängen :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice! What a great swap idea. Your cushion looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These squares turned out wonderful! My fave is the pink, purple, and red flower one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous cushion, that is a really lovely idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking your time to write me something! Every comment is making me happy!!!