Monday, July 23, 2012

Birthday Owl

Hello everybody!
Thank you so much for visiting me today! I´m so happy about everyone who visits me here! :)
I have add a few new challenges to my Year of projects list last week! One is to make a little handmade gift for all my family members and close friends, not necessarily for their birthdays, just to show how much I love them and they mean to me.
Last week my little niece celebrated her 7th birthday and I have decided to make her a little bag for her hankies to carry them with her to school.



She is an huge owl fan like me, so I have used Aisha Kenza´s great Owl Amigurumi pattern, which is originally for a cuddly  stuffed owl. But if you skip the stuffing and leave an opening on the back of the owl, you will get a cute little bag! I have used fine cotton yarn and a 2mm hook to get the small size of 9cm. My niece liked her gift it a lot and all her little friends want such a cute little owl now too! : )






2Yoppostheader.jpg


My year of projects update:

•Finishing all my wips---1/16
•Making handmade gifts for my loved ones----1/12
•Making baby blankets for donation----0/?
•Learning to knit socks----I´ve bought a book last week and a set of those scary little needles!
•Learning to dye yarn----☹
•Learning to make hexipuffs----☹

Now I will have a look what all the other group members made last week!

I wish you all a wonderful new week full of sunshine and creativity!
We are going on a short trip to the sea tomorrow!!! I can´t wait to sit at the beach! :)
♥♥♥Barbina

17 comments:

  1. What a cute little owl and so handy, I'm not surprised your niece loved it and her friends to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a clever idea. I love it, so versitle might add those to my queue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute little owl! She's sure to to be the envy of all her friends! Have fun at the beach today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh! what a cutie and practical too....nice vivid colours so you can see Miss Owl straight away. Bet she draws attention

    Keep well

    Amanda :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore that owl, owls are very popular in my world at the moment, I will definitely be giving that pattern a try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a smart idea to leave an opening in the back! I can imagine all here friends wants such a lovely owl!
    Have a great time at see!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! I am IN LOVE with your owl!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh your little owl is soooo sweet!
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi dear Friend, This is a very cute owl and very favorite gift..:)) And You made the owl perfect..:)) Good idea..:))

    ReplyDelete
  10. The owl is so cute, my daughter would love one, what a lovely idea. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. The owl is adorable! I left something for you on my blog. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  12. That little tissue owl turned out so completely adorable. What a lovely little gift. Good luck with your year of projects. Have a great day at the beach. Tammy :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think all little girls would love that owl...I love it..welcome to the world of learning how to knit socks...I'll have an update next week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh your little owl is so adorable. What a wonderful gift for your niece. Lucky girl. I must get with it and write up my to do list as well. I have been putting it off as I have so much unfinished already. I really need to get organised. Have a wonderful week. Hugs xox

    ReplyDelete
  15. That owl bag is really cute, and such a clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Adorable and very clever idea. Not sure if it's just mine blog or not, but thought I'd mention your text is very hard to read, it's so light. Maybe that's me, or maybe it's that way for everyone else. Maybe you could choose a darker color, or bold it?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your owl is absolutely adorable!!! I love it. I hope you're having a fab week hon.
    Leah
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking your time to write me something! Every comment is making me happy!!!