Monday, July 16, 2012

Little rose cushion

Hello everybody!
Thank you so much for all your sweet comments on my last post. You have encouraged me to start with my first wip right away.


I have started this doily a while ago, but made a mistake in the earlier rows. I was almost finished when I realized it and had to rip off 6 rows. I´ve put it away to finish it later and this poor thing ended up in my wip-box. Yesterday I took it out, finished it and made this little cushion.



Inspired from my little roses who started to bloom in my garden last week.



Actually this was my first sewing project, yay! My sewing machine still scares me out a bit, but I really want to sew more in the future! If you know a good beginners sewing book, I would love to here about it!

You will find the doily pattern here and the rose pattern here!

2Yoppostheader.jpg

I will go and see what the other group members are doing!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great new week! Barbina 

19 comments:

  1. Ohh This is so cute. And I think this is a very hard work..:)) I like cushion so much.. Happy new week..
    xoxo...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh your cushion is just so gorgeous and I espeically like the rose. Well done on your sewing, I have a love/hate relationship with my sewing machine, I'd love to sew more and it hates when I do lol. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a very romantic cusion, with the doily and the litte rose; well done!
    The next project on your sewing machine will go as well ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you finished that pretty little doily. Great idea to use it for a pillow. I don't know how to sew but make myself do simple handsewing projects ever once in a while. :) Have a lovely week. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty rose motif! Don't know any books about sewing but I know some of the local sewing and quilt shops do beginners classes. Maybe that would be something?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job - the doily on the cushion is very sweet :) I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute little cushion! Made for a nice little simple sewing project, not too intimidating, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely. I love roses!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to kill off my roses...*sigh* they have awful leaf spot..yours look gorgeous along with the doily..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love the doily, how clever you are, maybe it's something I can think about doing one day. Pretty cushion, love the fabric too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love what you did with this doily! Such a creative idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cushion,just clicked over to the pattern,you are a genius following that! Gosh.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's so cute! I love what you've done with the doily :) I'll be honest - I love doilies, but am never sure what people do with them. Yours is a great idea :)

    I don't know about a good book, but there's a great 'introduction to sewing' series over at Fairy Face Designs here. It takes you through how to use your machine and some lovely first projects. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your little rose pillow is delightful! So lacy and delicate looking and so cheery. Well done!
    *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  15. That cushion is really cute, what a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Das Deckchen ist soo schön, Barbina! Eine ganz tolle Idee, es für ein Kissen zu verwenden, schaut klasse aus. Ich würde es auch gerne mal häkeln, aber ich hab irgendwie Probleme mit dem Link. Wenn ich ihn aufrufe, fragt Adobe nach einem Update von 10 MB für japanische Schriften :-(. Geht es vielleicht auch anders?

    ReplyDelete
  17. VERY CUTE IDEA... TO USE A CROCHET DOILY FOR A CUSHION,... THE RESULT IS GREAT....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking your time to write me something! Every comment is making me happy!!!