Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Summer Granny Blanket -- Tadaah!!



Hello everybody!
My summer granny blanket is finished!!! And it feels so good! : )
Actually it doesn´t look like a summer blanket anymore, it´s more a winter snowy blanket with all that white! But there are so many wonderful summer memories crochet in every stitch, so I guess this name is just perfect for me.
I was wandering around the house in the morning finding the perfect light to catch all that colours right, you should have seen me climbing on chairs and tables! I´m so glad nobody was at home today and saw me :)  It is really tricky to get a nice picture, oh my...
So here it is, 140 squares in 14 rows:




My favourite square, love those colours together
 
I had lots of leftovers and made a matching cushion.
 
 
 
 
My three One a Day blankets : )
 

Statistics:

Dimensions: 140cmx102cm, 55"x 40"
Weight: 600g
Time: 3 months
Yarn: Rico Baby Classic Dk, 12 different colours and 7 balls in white
Joining: Lucy´s Joining Squares-as-you-go   method
Pattern: Angie´s Flower in a square pattern
Edging: (2dc´s, chain 2, 2 dc´s), skip two stitches, 1 sc, skip two stitches,...



Thank you so much for visiting me today!
Have a wonderful rest of the week!
                                                                
♥♥♥ Barbina

If you want to join us or see more beautiful One a day projects please go and visit Carols blog!
 
 

28 comments:

  1. That blanket looks amazing! I can just imagine you trying to find the right light, as thats what I usually do! I love that you made a cushion to go with it as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so beautiful. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful & a wonderful cushion too

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow!!! it is great! And it is like a flower field in summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, WOW!!!! It's realy beautiful!

    When there was someone at home, he or she could help you taking pictures and they could see how flexible you are ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so pretty, the colours are gorgeous together, looks perfect for snuggling. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow wow wow wow wow wow and wowee- it is gorgeous. Taking photos is a dangerous activity! I am even more impressed that matching cushiions are already finished, not just being talked about. Which reminds me I'd better go and do my Tuesday's tallies...the sun is out for once for photos! Can't wait to see what you make next. Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love this pattern! Lovely blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely stunning !!!!! I love this pattern and the colours are just gorgeous. Deb x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Barbina! It's absolutely gorgeous, such pretty colours! Well done!
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't even find words to express how beautiful this blanket is! It's just perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your colours. The work together beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ach Barbina, da hast Du Dich ja selbst übertroffen, die Decke ist so, so schön geworden!! Ich finde es auch immer super-schwierig, ein so großes Projekt zu fotografieren, aber Deine Bilder sehen toll aus!

    Liebe Grüße, und ich freu mich schon auf Deine nächste Decke :)

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  14. How lovely to see your three one-a-day blankets together....what an achievement to have made three blankets in a day by day approach. I must get back to one a day, I have an idea, just need to get my act together!

    Your new blanket is gorgeous, just as you say flowers in snow. It's nice also to have all those sunny memories of summer crocheted in too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very beautiful blog with wonderful creations!!I love them!!
    I am Sophie from Greece and i will be very happy to see you on my blog too!!Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi there

    Its really beautiful and your matching cushion too. Happy happy colours.....bet you fell very pleased with yourself...and rightly so. The reward for a lot of hard work! well done!

    Amanda :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, fantastic finish, with the cushion to boot! Simply love! I can see what that color combo would be a favorite...excellent choice on that one...Waiting with baited breath for your next set of photos....

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome Barbina, it turned out beautifully, and I love the shot of all three together!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous!!! Really great job. Love that cushion, too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hihi, jetzt hab ich doch tatsächlich aus Gewohnheit gerade in Englisch geschrieben ;-). Na egal, der Decke macht das nichts, die ist einfach klasse!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful, really beautiful, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Decke und Kissen sind toll! Ich wollte, ich wäre auch so schnell. Es ist aber erschreckend, dass du schon drei herrliche Decken hast. Mann oh Mann, viel Arbeit! Habe eine großartige Woche! LG aus dem Brandenburgischen. Sabine.

    ReplyDelete
  23. It looks wonderful, and I love the picture of all your one a days together!! The matching cushion is just perfect!
    I love how you have a favourite square, sometimes some colour combinations just play so well together and can make you so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wouw - what a work. In fact, I have just made ​​a plaid that looks like yours. You have many interesting things on your blog and I look forward to follow you.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Just beautiful! I love your choice of colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking your time to write me something! Every comment is making me happy!!!